Sunday, February 10, 2008

Live at the Star Theater in Willow Springs!

Bluegrass music has a rich history in the Ozark Mountains, and in particular at the Star Theater in Willow Springs, Missouri. At some time in the future, I'll either have a guest blogger explain that rich history here, or I'll interview some key personalities and post that interview here. For now, I'll keep this inaugural blog post short and sweet.

I've been privileged to be the "soundman" for live bluegrass music at The Star Theater for the last 5 years, running sound for a band called "Lost River Bluegrass." Lost River always brings in a guest band from somewhere within the region to split the show with. Over the past several years I have had the pleasure of listening to some of the finest bluegrass bands, both famous and unknown.

In future posts on this blog I will share with you about the bands which have graced the stage of The Star Theater in quaint little Willow Springs, Missouri.

No comments: